When fifteen-year-old Nour is forced to marry Maurice whom she despises, her carefree summer days morph into claustrophobic confinement and household chores.
Nour mourns her lost childhood and scattered dreams.
Easy summer days full of dreams, love and joy were the world of Nour and her group of friends who are torn apart by an event that changes Nour’s life forever.
Khalil Zaarour is an award-winning screenwriter/director/lecturer.
Zaarour pursued his MFA in Filmmaking;
The year 2006 marks the birth of his career with his short film The Window that won the best film award at the 13th European Film Festival.
Zaarour crafts films combining artfulness with audience appeal through working spatially and temporally with his characters without neglecting the emotional atmosphere.
In 2011, his film career moved to a new frontier with his award-winning documentary Malaki Scent of an Angel.
The film skillfully portrays the humane side of the mothers whose sons were abducted for more than 20 years.
1- The window http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwoMr8GUhzU
-Winner of best film in 13th European Film Festival
-Other Awards in Dubai, Canada, France, Japan.
2- Malaki scent of an angel
-Winner 1st Prize, Best Arab Spring, Documentary Edge Festival, May 2012.
-Winner Special Jury Prize Award for a Documentary Feature, 6th Monaco International
Film Festival, May 2011.
- Winner Best Film in Human Rights section, 3rd Baghdad International Film Festival.
Official Selection & Nomination:
- 26th Fribourg International Film Festival in Switzerland March 24-31-2012.
- 5th STEPS International Film Festival March 8-12 2012, Ukraine.
- 8th Aljazeera International Documentary Film Festival, April 2012.
- ON LOCATION Film Festival, Memphis, USA- April 2012
- 60 Degrees International Film Festival, Norway April 21-28, 2012
- 6th Byron Bay International Film Festival, Australia, March 2012.
- 5th Arab Film Festival, Sydney, Australia, 2012.
- 2nd Karama Human Rights Film Festival in Jordan December 2011.
- 7th Dubai International Film Festival, December 2010.
- 7th Berlin Director’s Lounge, February 2011.
- Official selection, 5th SalinaDocFest, Sicily September 2011.
- Official selection, 14th Istanbul International Documentary Film Festival, September 2011.
- Official Selection, 20th Heartland Film Festival, Indianapolis, October 2011.
- Official selection, Calgary Arab Film Festival, October 2011.
- Honored by a Trophy from “Fondation Liban Cinema”, September 2011.
- Honored by a Trophy at the 6th NDU (Notre Dame University, Lebanon) Film Festival, November 2011. - Special dedicated screening at the Royal Film Commission in Jordan -April 2011.